Sunday, June 12, 2011

Metallic paper in photographic prints

Last week I received the first set of photographic prints in metallic paper. Wow!! I was really curious to see what would the silvery texture do to the image, and I must say it was a real surprise.

The first thing that caught my eye was the shimmery effect it produces.  It brightens up the image, giving it a very sleek, modern look.  Now, when you look closer, the details are so sharp that you feel like you could touch the real thing.

The origami pictures were so exact, that you could swear they were about to go out flying from the paper!  

I originally thought that I could offer all my prints in my Etsy shop in this paper, but I think I have to reconsider this.  The paper is amazing, but I don't think all photographs are meant to be printed in metallic paper.  It is a very specific finish, meant for very specific images.  

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this paper before. i will look at for ti. Glad that you got some good results form it. They look good on your blog so they must be fantastic in the real world.
    John

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...